Lesa Young is a licensed professional clinical counselor and the clinical director of Counseling Partners of Kentucky, LLC as well as co-owner. Born in Augsburg, Germany to her United States Army military parents, she has lived most of her life in Kentucky. Lesa attended Eastern Kentucky University receiving her Bachelors in 1984 with a major/minor of English and Paralegal Science and returned to EKU to complete her Masters in Clinical Mental Health.
Lesa’s approach to therapy is person centered. The foundation of her practice lies upon truth where Clients come to find “truth in the room” about themselves, their lives, and their hopes. Her goal is to provide a safe and welcoming place where individuals can come and process through issues causing them to struggle in life. Further, her aim is to partner with individuals as they work toward mental, emotional, and relational wellness, especially with themselves, but also their partners, families, and friends.
A strong foundation is important to therapy work and Lesa provides that foundation through her eclectic use of a mix of evidenced-based practices including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Narrative Therapy, and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction to achieve each client’s specific goals.
Lesa has advanced training in treating depression, anxiety, relationship issues, breakups/divorce, grief and loss, family issues, past traumas, chronic health-related problems, life transitions, low self-confidence, and in helping individuals overcome some of life’s toughest challenges.
She additionally has been departmentally certified by Eastern Kentucky University as a child centered play therapist and through the state of Kentucky as a Certified DUI Assessor and a Prime for Life Instructor.
Partnering with clients to help them grow to be their healthiest and best selves is a passion of Lesa’s. She empowers her clients with the tools to become their authentic self and encourages personal growth with a goal of solving life problems.
“Truth in the room” means that you are able to come, lay down your struggles, identify them, name them, and then begin the process of removing them from your life or processing them in a way which enables you to become strong, resilient, and your best you.
- Eastern Kentucky University, Bachelors of Arts, English and Paralegal Science
- Eastern Kentucky University, Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Kentucky, License number 243349
- Nationally Certified Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors, number 758391
- Kentucky State Certified DUI Assessor, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, exp. 2019
- Prime for Life Provider, Kentucky Division of Behavioral Health, exp. 2021
- Child Centered Play Therapist, Eastern Kentucky University Departmental Certification, 2016-current
- Gottman Certified Marriage Counselor (in process)
- SYMBIS Certified Provider (in process)
- Recipient of the Kentucky Counseling Association, Dr. Bill Braden Mentoring Leadership Academy, Mentee/Karen Cook, KCA Executive Director/Mentor (2017-18)